This evening I sit quietly thinking of my dad and the past eleven days I spent with him. So many events happened but all so quickly. All the grands were able to be there by his bedside. Sherry flew in from St. Louis. Vince and son, Mason, came from Sacramento. My kids, Susa and Ralna, had a bumpy flight from San Francisco. Nikki and boyfriend, Jay, started their drive from San Diego, picked up Ralph and his son, Julius, from LA to trek over to Las Vegas. Not easy to all come together, but it was meant to be. Dad was so happy and had many stories to tell that weekend. I know he felt loved and is so proud of all his Grand Children. He did say that he felt he was causing all these problems. There were reasons for him to be in Las Vegas. I know he truely wanted to be home and to go home, but if that were so, these opportunites would have been lost. Home is where the heart is.
Friday, December 26, 2008
December 13-16, 2008
This evening I sit quietly thinking of my dad and the past eleven days I spent with him. So many events happened but all so quickly. All the grands were able to be there by his bedside. Sherry flew in from St. Louis. Vince and son, Mason, came from Sacramento. My kids, Susa and Ralna, had a bumpy flight from San Francisco. Nikki and boyfriend, Jay, started their drive from San Diego, picked up Ralph and his son, Julius, from LA to trek over to Las Vegas. Not easy to all come together, but it was meant to be. Dad was so happy and had many stories to tell that weekend. I know he felt loved and is so proud of all his Grand Children. He did say that he felt he was causing all these problems. There were reasons for him to be in Las Vegas. I know he truely wanted to be home and to go home, but if that were so, these opportunites would have been lost. Home is where the heart is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment